Short-Term Disability is the most requested benefit by employees. Setting up a self-funded short-term disability plan provides an economical way for your employees to be protected and feel secure.
Short-Term Disability Benefits
- Short-Term Disability pays on the first day of accident & 7th-day sickness for 4 moths.
- Income is divided to the employee when needed most.
- 2/3 of gross income is the calculation.
- Weekly benefit maximum of $2000.
- Tax-free income to the employee.
- Doctor determines disability.
- Claim adjudication is fast & efficient.
- Claim payments are faster to the employee.
- Long Term Disability is designed to start the day Short Term Disability is completed.
- Controlled cost.
- Short-term disability benefits are non-taxable, with employees planning to pay 100% of premiums.
- Short-term disability is paid by the employees with after-tax earnings.
- Employees can enhance their benefits plan with no additional employer contributions.
- The employee or employer are paid.
- No nominal value.
- Employees pay premiums into the plan held by the employer. If the employee leaves, the funds stay in the plan.
- Claim adjudication is fast, efficient and is handled by us for a flat $250 per claim.
- Rates can be adjusted annually by claims experience.
- Flexible adjudication claim control, cost control, and faster claim payments to the employee provide the reason to use a self-funded Short-Term Disability Plan.
- Adding coverage helps an employer improve employee satisfaction and morale, increasing productivity by providing financial security.
- Enhancing a benefits plan with the short-term disability can help employers maintain a competitive edge in attracting and retaining employees.